Lax O’Sullivan Lisus Gottlieb believes in giving back to the community. We’ve played a leadership role in a variety of community and charitable organizations.
Our partners and associates are also committed to contributing to the legal profession. Many of our lawyers have served as presidents and board members of The Advocates’ Society and have sat on a range of committees including the Chief Justice of Ontario’s Advisory Committee on Professionalism, the Ontario E-Discovery Implementation Committee, the Commercial List Users’ Committee, the Civil Justice Review, the Ontario Bar Association, and others.
We teach at law schools, lecture at continuing legal education programs, and write and speak about issues of significance to the profession on a regular basis. To help ensure accessibility to legal education, the firm has endowed a bursary at Osgoode Hall Law School, awarded each year to a student with financial needs.
Our lawyers are also involved in many non-legal, charitable and advocacy organizations including:
- Member of the Board of the Sunnybrook Foundation and Sunnybrook Executive Committee
- Board of Governors, Friends of Simon Wiesenthal Centre
- Chair of the Heart & Stroke Foundation’s Young Leaders Committee
- Member of the Board of The Neighbourhood Group
- Pro Bono Services to Furniture Bank